Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Holy Crap, It's Cold

It must be below freezing in today. Of course, that's a gross exaggeration. But I'm not used to being this cold, you know. And I'm typing this with much difficulty and painful slowness. Even my cup of coffee looks inviting enough to dip my hands in. Fuck, man, it's really cold. And I'm sorry if you live in a climate where 18 degrees is nothing out of the ordinary. We're used to up to a high of 30 degrees in these parts. Anything below 18 to 15 degrees of draft is sorta celebrated.

Though, I do kind of enjoy and not enjoy, walking down the street wearing semi-winter clothes, a scarf, and yes even mittens, both at the same time. One good thing about this freaky weather is, I can get to wear stuff I normally don't wear at all. I got to wear my pink faux-fur lined jacket! (Which I bought, like 5 years ago, and collecting dust in the back of my closet). Well, erm, given under such vexing circumstances, it could be pretty en vogue. And secondly, cold weather is making my skin crack and my bones creak. God, I feel like grandma.

The weather guy says it's gonna get colder in February. Not good at all. So much for summer weather. I kind of miss wearing a skirt already.