Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Library Things and other stuff

I've been obsessing about this Library Un-Suggester from Librarything.com ever since I read about it in Neil Gaiman's journal.

What it does is, see, is it analyzes your online book catalogue and checks it against the other 8 million other people who logged theirs on and compare which books you would mostly likely won't own or would dislike.

Neato, right?

So I keyed in The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and the Un-Suggester came up with amazing results. The books I'd least likely won't give a crap about are mostly these Christian authors and books about quests on the New Testament and you won't believe, a book called The Gagging of God. (I did seem a bit heathen-ish, don't I?) Errmm.. that's one book I won't bring if I'm stranded on a desert island. Maybe Ivanhoe.

Anyhoo, I've been quite busy uploading and cataloguing my books, because I'm telling you there's a LOT. Some forgetten. Some squeezed in cracks in other people's shelves. It's a disarray, really.