Monday, September 06, 2010

I Want A Hearth

In these rainy, cold Ber months, there's no better place to be than by a crackling fireplace.

..Then again, I reminded myself that I have no hearth nor anything remotely resembling such things. Lamentable that the closest thing I do have is an electric stove..

Still it would be nice to imagine that if ever I do have a hearth, I'd be doing the following things:

a. Invite some musicians over and interview them and watch the flames' shadows dance on their faces.
b. Spread a handmade doily-blanket across my legs while reading the rise and fall of empires.
c. Invent stories and tell them to my dog ala John Hurt as The Storyteller.
d. Sit behind an old-fashioned typewriter and randomly type things. It doesn't have to be anything really, just the sound of the typewriter clack-clack-clacking against paper is enough.
e. DIY postcards and write random notes to friends scattered across the world.