Monday, April 24, 2006

I've always had a theory that Mondays were invented as a torture device designed to keep the human race in place and iremember that all is not supposed to be peachy keen.. that pain is a necessary element... yada yada..

Like most corporate peons go, I started mine with a bang. My boss -- the harbinger of doom and a looming presence of malevolence -- felt the need to put me in place and remind me that I am merely bottom feeder in this office, or otherwise in my opinion, this howling wasteland of abject misery. I had to keep my foul mouth in place lest I lash out and find myself in a slew of trouble.

Why is it then that Mondays are so despicable? Bosses, deadlines, gossipmongers, rush hour traffic.. Mondays are the black holes of the week. Every possible dilemma slash whatever-shit-hits-the-fan-drama happens on this day. 24 hours is a torturous, arduous stretch between the pull of the sun and the moon. Not to mention chucking in the boss factors.

This leads me to another theory that Mondays and Bosses are twins and are born 5 minutes apart in the lower bolgias of the corporate inferno.

I hate. I loathe. I despise. Me odio Mondays.